Home Health Checklist
Please use this checklist on a regular basis. You can discover many problems before they become serious and cause undue pain and expense.
- is acting normal – active and in good spirits.
- has a normal appetite with no chewing or swallowing difficulty.
- breathes normally, without straining or coughing.
- urinates in the usual amounts and frequency.
- has normal-appearing bowel movements.
- walks without stiffness, pain, or difficulty.
- has healthy-looking feet and short nails.
- has a full, glossy coat in good condition.
- has skin that is free from dry flakes and not greasy.
- is free from fleas, ticks, lice or mites.
- has eyes that are bright, clear and free of matter.
- has ears that are clean and free of debris and odor.
- has a moist nose, free from discharge.
- has clean, white teeth free of plaque and calculus.
- has gums that are pink with no redness and non-offensive breath odor.
- has a body that is free from lumps/bumps as I run my hand over its entire body.